Strong partnerships between EL specialists and content area educators are essential for both high quality instruction and collaborative school cultures. Confianza helps deepen professional learning communities and empower EL specialist to be ambassadors for students.
Objectives of this professional learning (online course or blended on-site):
- Examine belief systems and research-based practices for serving culturally and linguistically diverse students
- Explore research-based strategies for teacher leadership and ELL advocacy
- Ensure proactive collaboration and partnership approaches between the ELL teacher and content teachers
- Implement collaborative protocols for connecting teachers around ELL teaching and learning through the Collaboration Plan
- Incorporate content-based ESL planning and teaching methods through the Collaboration Log
- Apply and share new strategies through fieldwork and an Action Cycle for each participant’s classroom context