While we recommend our Professional Learning Partnership packages for maximum impact, we do offer stand-alone workshops and speaking engagements.
Workshop Series & Speaking Engagements
Confianza can visit your school, district or organization for a special event
RESEARCH-BASED CONTENT AND TOOLS
THESE EVENTS CAN LAUNCH A MORE COMPREHENSIVE PARTNERSHIP
While we highly recommend our Professional Learning Partnership Packages for maximum impact, we offer stand-alone workshop events.
Each workshop starts at $5,000/day and includes 1.5 total hours of pre- and post-consultation, access to Confianza's open source content with a "how to" guide for use in your setting, and the opportunity to extend into a more comprehensive partnership.
Our offerings include:
- Anti-Bias Education Mindset and Practices: In this 1 to 2-day workshop, go deep on the why and how of elevating an equity-based mindset into your setting along with practical tools for implementation. This workshop is designed for cross-functional teams, including leaders. We also offer a version for analyzing curriculum and instructional practices for teacher teams and curriculum specialists called Analyzing Curriculum with an Eye for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners which showcases hands-on unit and lesson design with social justice curriculum materials. Confianza's anti-bias work is done in proud partnership with Teaching Tolerance, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Success for ELLs and ALLs: This foundational 2 to 3-day workshop is designed for teams of educators comprised of leaders, support staff, and teachers. Discover specific practices for enhancing student and family engagement, teaching standards-based instruction across all content areas using a "language lens", and implementing multiple measures of data and assessment practices for language learners--both English Language Learners (ELLs) and Academic Language Learners (ALLs). Participants are guided through practice and goal setting for transfer to practice.
- Coaching for Equity, Language and Literacy: This 3-day offering is an abridged version of our more comprehensive Coach-the-Coach Program for school-based and district-based coaches seeking to bring a lens for equity, language and literacy into their practice. Geared for content coaches, teacher leaders, department heads, coordinators and administration, participants will define and fortify their role as a change agent who strengthens mindsets and improves practices through data-based coaching actions. Specific strategies and tools that benefit student groups, including all proficiency levels and subgroups will be modeled and practiced.
- Leading for Equity: School-based leaders need to encompass and model a vision for equitable services and instruction for language learners and all students. This 2 to 3-day offering provides principals and deans guidance to ensure a leadership role that has "look for's" in supporting educators in curriculum, instruction and assessment with a "language lens". Participants will be able articulate and implement quality professional learning structures and systems of support for students, including family engagement practices for strong home-school connections.
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching: When done effectively, teams of teachers who co-plan, co-teach and co-assess, the gains for classroom culture and student performance can be exponential. This 2-day workshop is designed for teams of language specialists and content specialists, participants will bring develop strong collaborative norms, systems for communication, and strategies for differentiation and assessment for students in language-rich and culturally responsive classrooms.
Confianza's like-minded team of experts present keynotes and other professional learning experiences as invited speakers. Past events have included invitations to Harvard University Graduate School of Education, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Kansas State University's Khbrat Program of teachers from Saudi Arabia, TESOL International Association, Colorado TESOL and we have also presented at ASCD National Conference, Learning Forward National Conference, the WIDA National Conference, MATSOL, VirtuEL Online Conference and the New York City Special Education Collaborative's Conference on the Intersection of Equity and Inclusion. In 2019, we will be at the Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE), the Educational Collaborative for International Schools (ECIS) Multilingual Learning Conference and Learning Sciences International's Building Expertise Conference.
Additionally, Confianza's Director and Founder, Sarah B. Ottow, is available to speak in conjunction with her 2019 publication The Language Lens for Content Classrooms: A Guidebook for K-12 English and Academic Language Learners from Learning Sciences International.